A variety of resources are available for new coaches and/or students interested in parliamentary debate. Several are identified below. If you have additional resources you would like to share with the NPDA membership, email the NPDA President to have them included among the items outlined below.
Please Note: The NPDA does not necessarily endorse any of the resources below, nor do these represent a comprehensive list of coaching resources.
- Crossman, Mark R. Burden of proof: an introduction to argumentation and guide to parliamentary debate. Cengage, 2015. ISBN: 9781305764668.
- Eaves, Michael, Carl Cates, and Dan Schabot. Fundamentals of Parliamentary Debate: Approaches for the 21st Century. Kendall Hunt, 2009.
- Knapp, Trischa Goodnow, and Lawrence A. Galizio. Elements of parliamentary debate: A guide to public argument. Prentice Hall, 1999.
- Meany, John, and Kate Shuster. Art, argument, and advocacy: Mastering parliamentary debate. IDEA, 2002.
- Robertson, Eric. Strategic Argumentation in Parliamentary Debate. CreateSpace Independent Pub., 2022.
- Parliamentary Debate: The Journal of the National Parliamentary Debate Association
- Parliamentary Debate by Robert Trapp (Willamette University)
- The Parli Debate Prepbook edited by Kyle Dennis (William Jewell College)
- Debate Video (Policy, LD, Parli) Repository (curated by Zach Schneider)