You must meet the following qualifications to have your tournament sanctioned by the National Parliamentary Debate Association:
1. Tournament hosts must be a paid member school in good standing with NPDA. Click here to pay your dues.
*Please note beginning Fall 2016 (Bylaw I.B), member schools, to be in good standing and therefore eligible for tournament sanctioning, the accrual of sweepstakes points, and other benefits of membership, must “provide documentation…verifying that students, coaches, and judges representing their institution/program have participated in sexual harassment/violence awareness and prevention training” More details can be found by reading the NPDA Bylaws, Section 1. For information about how to fulfill this requirement, click here.
2. Your tournament should be entered into the NPDA tournament database AT LEAST 30 days before the start of the tournament. Click here to register your tournament.
3. Tournament directors/hosts must submit results within two weeks after the tournament’s conclusion. Tournament results must be in a format that can be easily read or deciphered. Email the NPDA Executive Secretary with the following information:
- Prelim and elimination results
- Include all divisions
- You must include a codebreaker for all acronyms or codes used for school data